How To Manage Your Oily Skin
Oily or combination skin is a common issue for many people, which unfortunately is often worsened by the type of products they use on their skin. Many people think that fighting breakouts with harsh chemicals will penetrate the skin faster and produce a quicker response, but this is a myth and often the culprit of worsening oily skin.
Harsh skincare products do nothing but strip away the natural oils from your skin. The removal of the natural oils means your skin is dehydrated so your body begins to produce even more oil to replace it. The harsh products also dehydrate your skin by removing these oils and this can result in your skin becoming dry and your pores becoming blocked.
Oily skin can be caused by several things, including;
- Cosmetics and skincare products
Working out the cause of your oily skin can be the key to curing it and enabling you to adapt your lifestyle to suit. For example, if part of the problem is your diet you can easily adjust this by adding more food containing healthy oils to help improve your skin. However, no matter what the cause you can always improve skin condition through your skincare routine.
Some crucial tips for managing oily skin are;
- Avoid harsh skincare products particularly with drying ingredients like alcohol.
- Stop using face wipes (they usually have alcohol and other irritants, such as perfume)
- Always remove your make-up on before going to bed
- Use moisturising products to maintain skin hydration, such as oils and lightweight serums
- Use natural based skincare products with no synthetic chemicals, which are gentler on your skin and reduce skin irritation
- Avoid pore clogging and emollient ingredients often found in creams, lotions and non-natural make-up
- Wash your skin thoroughly with warm water as this helps to dissolve oil more effectively
- Exfoliate regularly (although gently) to remove dead skin cells that can otherwise build up and clog up pores, also adding unwanted bacteria.
- Add oil to your diet! Including healthy, naturally occurring oils from foods, such as flex and chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and avocados
- Go make-up free, especially foundation-free. Wearing a constant vail of foundation on top of your skin doesn't let it breathe and detox, which is often the main issue.
Miss Organics offers the Gentle Balance face oil as a solution to combat oily or combination skin. The product is made with 100% natural, plant-based ingredients which won't add any irritating ingredients to your skin. The face oil works by using oil to fight oil, it regulates your skin's oil production to help purify skin leaving you with a clearer complexion. One of our hero products, the oil is a blend of jojoba, camelina, rosehip and evening primrose as well as anti-bacteria fighting tea tree oil. Infused with essential oils, Vitamin E and omega oils 3 & 6 which all contribute to providing a nourishing, soothing effect resulting in boosting your skin’s health. Applying the oil sparingly twice a day on its own or in conjunction to your other products should make all the difference!
Enjoyed reading this article? Sign up below to hear from me next time or shop my organic skincare products.