Oily or combination skin is a common issue for many people, which unfortunately is often worsened by the type of products you use on your skin. Many people think that fighting breakouts with harsh chemicals will penetrate the skin faster and produce a quicker response, but this is a myth! In terms of products, oil is best fought with oil.
Harsh skincare products do nothing but strip away the natural oils from your skin. The removal of the natural oils means your skin is dehydrated so your body begins to produce even more oil to replace it. The harsh products also dehydrate your skin by removing these oils and this can result in your skin becoming dry and your pores becoming blocked.
Oily skin can be caused by several things, including;
- Cosmetics and skincare products
Working out the cause of your oily skin can be the key to curing it and enabling you to adapt your lifestyle to suit. For example, if part of the problem is your diet you can easily adjust this by adding more food containing healthy oils to help improve your skin. However, no matter what the cause the main way that your skin will improve is through your skincare routine.
Therefore, it is essential to be using the right treatment to help reduce and control the oil on your skin!
Some crucial tips for managing oily skin are;
- To avoid harsh skincare products particularly with drying ingredients like alcohol.
- Avoid face wipes
- Leaving your make-up on overnight.
- Use moisturising products to maintain skin hydration, such as oils and lightweight serums.
- Use natural based skincare products with no chemicals to avoid skin irritation.
- Avoid pore clogging and emollient ingredients often found in creams, lotions and non-natural make-up.
- Wash your skin thoroughly with hot water as this helps to dissolve oil more effectively.
- To gently exfoliate to remove dead skin cells, that can clog up pores and add unwanted bacteria.
- Add oil to your diet! Including healthy, naturally occurring oils from foods.
- Don't overuse the moisturiser.
Miss Organics offers the ‘Perfect Balance face oil’ as a solution to combat oily or combination skin. The product is made with 100% natural, plant-based ingredients which won't add any irritating ingredients to your skin. The face oil works by using oil to fight oil, it regulates your skin's oil production to help purify skin leaving you with a clearer complexion.
The oil is a blend of Jojoba, Camelina, Rosehip and evening primrose as well as anti-bacteria fighting tea tree oil. Infused with essential oils, Vitamin E and omega oils 3 and 6 which all contribute to providing a nourishing, soothing effect resulting in boosting your skin’s health. Applying the oil sparingly twice a day on its own or in conjunction to your other products should make all the difference!
If you have oily skin and want to get it under control have a look at our website www.missorganics.co.uk